Jacob Mauldin: Nintendo Master Race

Jacob Mauldin: Nintendo Master Race

Mauldin playing Mario Kart on the computer

Photo by Will Clark

Photo by Will Clark

Photo by Will Clark

Alesha Acton, Staff Reporter

Junior Jacob Mauldin is a junior here at Whitehouse High School. While many people may know who he is, they probably don’t know about his collection. There’s a lot more to people than what meets the eye.

Mauldin has been collecting Nintendo devices for a long time. It all started with his father owning a couple devices as a child. Mauldin decided to continue the collection. He has invested a lot of money into owning every console.

“I would love to continue to buy what Nintendo puts out,” Mauldin said. “I think having every Nintendo device ever would be pretty cool.”

Mauldin is actually investing in getting the newest device, the Nintendo Switch. Most people stop using the things they own after a while because it’s been replaced by something new, but Mauldin still uses every console on a regular basis.

“Each console and device has different games,” Mauldin said. “My friends and I switch between consoles when we’re gaming.”

Mauldin takes pride in owning so many consoles and devices. Although he’s thought about selling all of them for money, he would never be able to bring himself to do it. While his hobby is interesting, it’s also very expensive.

“The price depends on the condition of the console/device,” Mauldin said. “I tend to get them in average condition just because it’s a little bit cheaper.”

Mauldin has many, many devices and consoles to collect. In 10 years he will have even more added to his collection. He might even be known for having all of the Nintendo devices, who knows?