Sydney Garrison: Silly Sydney

Get to know senior Sydney Garrison

Sydney Garrison: Silly Sydney

Photo by Courtesy Photo

Photo by Courtesy Photo

Photo by Courtesy Photo

Katie Henderson, Social Media Editor

Her favorite color is blue, she can eat a whole box of macaroni and cheese by herself, and she also drives a checker marathon. Artist, free spirit, and light-hearted person — this is senior Sydney Garrison.

“It’s true, I can eat a whole box of macaroni and cheese by myself!” Garrison said. She claims that it isn’t the only food that she can devour single-handedly, however it is her favorite. “I just really love it, you know? Who doesn’t love mac and cheese?”

Garrison has future plans of traveling the world, meeting all types of people from all walks of life, and attending the University of Texas at Tyler to major in Art History. Although, there is one catch: Garrison doesn’t believe in attending college!

“It’s true. I really don’t! I know it’s incredibly contradictory, but I mean, it isn’t for everyone.” Garrison said. “I think you should take some time to find yourself and learn about who you are. If you aren’t a college student, then don’t be one! If you are, then go.”

Alongside her disbelief in the necessity for college, as well as her incredibly abilities to eat foods all by herself, she also has some very interesting background information. Garrison believes she’s shrinking, for example.

“I really do think I’m shrinking. I mean come on now, I’ve lost a whole inch of height since freshman year, something has to be wrong.” Garrison said. “Of course, that’s a self-diagnosed situation, but it’s still scary!”

Garrison also has a puzzling fear of caves. She has had her fear since she was a child, and said that it occurred on a family vacation one year. Not that she was harmed, but rather that she was terrified of the unknown.

“I’ve always been afraid of caves. Literally, since I was a kid, I’ve avoided caves as much as I can.” Garrison said. “Luckily, there’s hardly any caves to be found in East Texas.” She has also diagnosed some form of night blindness in herself.

Despite her strange beliefs and disbeliefs, fears, and favorites, Sydney Garrison is just a light-hearted, laid back, and enjoyable person to be around. Best luck to you, Sydney, in whatever journeys you may endeavor!