The Paw Prints Online

Upcoming Movies of 2018-19

Image created using Adobe Spark

Image created using Adobe Spark

Image created using Adobe Spark

Imahn McAlister, Staff Writer

What’s your favorite genre of movies? Is Thriller, Horror, Romance, Sci-fi, Drama, Action, Adventure, or something totally different? Well five new highly recommended movies are coming to a screen near you!

The Hate U Give

American actress Amanda Stenberg, who debuts playing the supporting role of Rue in The Hunger Games at age six, appears again in the hit movie Everything Everything. After this amazing movie was released, movie roles have been piling up including The Darkest Minds. Now Amanda is here again as the leading actress playing Starr in The Hate U Give.

Starr Carter is constantly switching between two worlds — the poor, mostly black neighborhood where she lives and the wealthy, mostly white prep school that she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is soon shattered when she witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend at the hands of a police officer. Facing pressure from all sides of the community, Starr must find her voice and decide to stand up for what’s right.”

Spider-Man: Far From Home

We all remember Tom Holland’s amazing performance in Avengers Civil War and Spider-Man Homecoming. The way Holland’s captured Peter Parker’s shock, amazement, and overall excitement about his new powers was truly impressive and we all instantly fell in love with his character. And when we saw him again in Avengers Infinity, we were caught off guard when Peter Parker (Holland) died. Which is why It’s such a relief that  Spider-Man: Far From Home is coming to theaters in 2019!

That news gives us all a huge sigh of relief. Peter Parker is a beloved character of the marvel series, and it’s painful to think that he wouldn’t be returning to the MCU.

Suicide Squad 2

We all remember how explosive Suicide Squad was when it first came out in theaters in 2016. If you recall a U.S intelligence figures out that DC villains Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney), Killer Croc (Common) and other despicable inmates are all expendable are all now incarcerated super villains for a top-secret mission. These villains must learn to work together to defeat the enchantress (Cara Delevingne) who is trying to destroy the world.

Suicide Squad is an action packed movie that allowed us to get a deeper understanding of the infamous DC villains. Which is why the news of there being a sequel is so amazing! The date on which the movie will be released has not been announced yet, but it has been confirmed that the sequel will be made.

I Still See You

Bella Thorne stars in this spellbinding supernatural thriller. Ten years after an apocalyptic event left the world haunted by ghosts, Roni (Thorne) receives a threatening message from beyond the grave. Joining forces with a mysterious classmate, Kirk, Roni descends into a shadow world that blurs the bounds of the living and the dead—and begins a desperate race against time to stop a cunning killer.

The Darkest Minds

And finally, we see the amazing actress Amanda Stenberg in another movie that will sure be worth watching.

“When teens mysteriously develop powerful new abilities, they are seen as a threat by the government and sent to detainment camps. Sixteen-year-old Ruby soon escapes from her captors and joins other runaways who are seeking a safe haven. Banded together and on the run, they soon combine their collective powers to fight the adults who tried to take away their future.”

Theses movies will be appearing to movie theater near you. Please go out and enjoy the movies that have been listed and the others that are sure to come to theaters soon.