The Paw Prints Online

The future is uncertain

Carter De Los Santos, Staff writer

The future is uncertain and isn’t truly set in stone for some people. Some tend to think that they’ll do one career for their whole life. This, however, is not always the case.

A lot of things can happen over the years, maybe someone might get bored with the career that they dedicated their lives to and wished to have picked a different career, or maybe the career might get overwhelming and not have the time to do everything they want to do with that career.

But it doesn’t have to be like that, people don’t have to be bored. There is a way to be satisfied with the future you chose, it’s something that I like to call the “Backup Plan”. It’s pretty simple, the main thing you have to do is have options. Basically, you have to have a hobby that you want to make into a career. For example, let’s say that somebody is a writer but they like to play pool in their free time. They could stay as a writer, but if it gets boring or it gets more stressful. They could try out for a pool tournament.

On the contrary, if someone isn’t satisfied with their life choices and don’t need options. That’s fine, they don’t have to. But keep in mind not everyone can do the same thing forever. They don’t have to agree with them, they just have to understand that.

Sometimes, things aren’t set in stone for some people. People aren’t used to doing the same things over and over and try to widen their horizons. And that’s just fine.