The Paw Prints Online

Gatsby and Glamour

Students Prepare for Formal

Imahn McAlister, Staff Writer

Kids flood the cafeteria as the DJ plays the latest hits, dancing in hundreds of dollars in formal wear. The boy’s trade in their jeans and tennis shoes for a tux and dress shoes. The girls twirl in glittery dress; they look absolutely pristine. The only thing that can be seen in this crowd of kids are smiles, smiles so wide they make their cheeks ache. Winter Formal is a magical event that no one is going to forget.

The annual Winter Formal will be hosted on Dec. 8th at 7:30 pm. Tickets will cost $25 a person. Guests from different schools must have a visitor’s pass and can be no older than 19.Add a quote here to separate news peg from your first transition.

The winter formal is a fun event that people look forward to whether it is for the he dressing up, the music, hanging out with your closest friends, or that special someone.

“Winter formal is a time to have fun and enjoy the company of the Whitehouse students without all the stress of academics,”  decorating committee member Bailey Hammond said.

Winter formal is not only an event where you dress up. It’s also a much needed break for some of the students.

“This year has been really hectic for me,” junior Veronica O’Neal said. “I’m just looking forward to having a good time with my friends without stressing over school and work.”

But for some, the best part of Winter Formal is not the event itself. Instead, it is what happens before the party has even begun.  

“The thing I like most about the winter formal is setting up the dance the night before with my drill team and cheer friends.” Hammond said.

The school will be selling tickets in the cafeteria this Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Make sure you buy your tickets early

“The winter formal is a time to hang out with your friends and just relax,” junior, Cheyenne Adkins said. “Which I don’t really get to do out of school.”