NHS Hosts Blood Drive

NHS Hosts Blood Drive

Dana Ramirez, Editor-In-Chief

The National Honor Society (NHS) will be hosting their first of four blood drives with Carter Bloodcare tomorrow from 8 am to 4 pm at the auxiliary gym. 

“We have an overwhelming amount of students that are really excited for the blood drive,” NHS sponsor Daphne Bolay said. “Normally it takes a week to get all of the slots filled, but this time students are really excited and we completed in two days.

Students donating blood should arrive at their assigned time with their hall pass and a form of ID. Those who are 16 years old and younger must also submit a signed parental permission slip to be able to donate.

“It’s really inspiring to see how many people want to donate their blood,” NHS treasurer Salina Jiang said. “I know for the seniors, the Red Cord is a huge motivator for that.”

Seniors who donate blood, or have had someone donate in their name, twice in the school year are eligible to receive the Red Cord for Graduation. The next blood drive is anticipated to be scheduled on December 5th, with two other in the spring semester.

“NHS would like to thank everyone for getting the sign-ups done in two days,” NHS vice president Kaya Arthur said. “It’s a feat that’s never happened in recent history, and it’s truly incredible to witness everyone’s willingness to help a good cause.”