Emeline Rose: The Belle of the Ball

Emeline Rose: The Belle of the Ball

Rose in her blue Belle dress.

Rose in her blue Belle dress.

Taken by Cyrus Mahdavi

Rose in her blue Belle dress.

Taken by Cyrus Mahdavi

Taken by Cyrus Mahdavi

Rose in her blue Belle dress.

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere! I want it more than I can tell!”

— Belle, Beauty and the Beast

Senior Emeline Rose is president of the Wildcat Theatre Company and has acted in multiple musicals and plays at WHS throughout her high school career. She will be starring as Belle in the production of Beauty and the Beast this fall.

“When I was eight years old I saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time and fell in love with the show,” Rose said. “I told myself, ‘One day I am going to play Belle.’ It actually got to happen this year and I am beyond excited!”

This production is unique and special for Rose because this is the first show where her family members are part of the cast and crew alongside her. Rose’s younger brother William is a chorus member and her father is the music and vocal director for the musical.

“I love the fact that my dad and brother are able to be in [Beauty and the Beast],” Rose said. “It really resonates with me and helps me on stage to think about my relationships with other characters and my family.”

Rose has been a member of the Wildcat Theatre Company since her sophomore year and was elected by her peers to be President of the company. She has acted in several plays and musicals at WHS, including Seussical the Musical, where she was Gertrude McFuzz, and the One Act Macbeth, where she played Lady Macbeth.

“[Emeline] is the single most disciplined student I have in the theatre program,” theatre teacher Mrs.Grote said. “When she’s on stage she makes every single effort and every day she tries something that she hasn’t done the day before.”

Rose has been singing since a very young age and started acting when she was in eighth grade by competing in the One Act Play. She is a classically trained singer and helps other members of Beauty and the Beast with their vocal/singing parts.

“[Emeline] has helped me a lot, singing-wise and acting-wise, and she is a really genuine and nice person,” junior theatre member Sam Germosen said. “She is never one to be rude to you and I’ve really loved working with her. She’s a perfect fit for Belle and she brings herself into the character every day.”

While not singing and acting, Rose is an honor student and is at the top of her class academically. In the future she plans to keep music and theatre in her life, whether it be acting in a local production or singing while doing the dishes.

“Emeline is an amazing person,” junior theatre member Cyrus Mahdavi said. “She’s an amazing actor and I don’t think I’ve ever seen her miss an entrance or be unprepared. It’s awesome working with her and she’s one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet.”