If I Ruled the World

If I Ruled the World

Taken by Will Clark

Taken by Will Clark

Taken by Will Clark

Nic McIntyre, Staff Reporter

If I ruled things would be, well, things would be very, very different. Other than the fact that I would rewrite the entire constitution so that it really does the things it was meant to, our entire government would be… corrected. Don’t get me wrong, America is a great place and I love living here, but we can all agree that things could be better.

The first thing I would do during my ‘reign’ is make America a direct democracy and throw all of our ‘representatives’ out the back door. Americans would vote directly on all matters via a government account that is linked to their social security number. The only person in an official position is a speaker that serves as the voice of the people by acknowledging the results of polls and handling foreign relations.

The second thing I would do is change the education system. College, unfortunately, would not be free, but that is because there would be no college. Students, at the age of 12, would take aptitude test to determine what careers they would excel at the most. Each student will get to choose from three results and from there on, their entire education over the next six years will be geared towards learning what they need to know for their future occupation. This way, when a person graduates ‘high school’ they will already have a career plan and the understanding needed to go straight into the workforce.

I guess what the big question is, will America during my rule still be the America we think of today? Probably not, we won’t be the big bad international chaperone that steps in when they are unwanted to defend ‘liberty’ and ‘freedom’, but we would uphold those unalienable rights and strive towards the goals that America should focus more on what matters most; America.